Last Updated: June 13, 2018
Quasar Blu, LLC ("QBlu," "Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, register with, use, or otherwise access our online social media platform that makes available certain features and services through its website located at proxi.bot (the "Website"), mobile applications, social media platforms, including but not limited to the mobile application PROXI Coach, and desktop applications (collectively, the "Services").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Services, including but not limited to e-mail, text, and other electronic communications sent through the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and online services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- You provide to or that is collected by any third-party. Third-parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
- From third-parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with, or use the Services, we may collect several types of information, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including but not necessarily limited to your name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in or provided through the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, and posting material and requesting further information or services.
- Information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion, and when you report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
The Services make accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, the "Content"). Users of the Services may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, facilitate the distribution of, collect, post, or otherwise make accessible ("Submit") Content.
You may Submit Content on public areas of websites you access through the Services. The Content you Submit is transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third-parties with whom you may choose to share Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that the Content you Submit will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you download, access, or use the Services, the Services may use technology to automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including but not necessarily limited to traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device, computer, and internet connection, including the device's or computer's unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device or computer. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Services may collect real-time information about the location of your device or computer and its proximity to other devices or computers running the Company's software.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use, register with, or download the Services or delete the Services from your device. Further, you may opt out of the Services collection of your location information at any time by revoking the Service's access to your devices Location Services, like GPS and Bluetooth. Note, however, that opting out of the Service's collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, mobile applications, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or the hard drive of your computer.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services.
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Services or the Services Content, certain third-parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device.
These third-parties may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third-parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information, or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, mobile applications, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these or any other third-party tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any question about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
By way of example, and without limitation, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and contents of the Services, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when Services updates are available, and of changes to any product or service we offer or provide through it.
- Notify you of contests or specials that are in your proximity.
- Enable our marketing and advertising partners to provide you with information about their products and services.
- Display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences.
- Understand better on an aggregated basis how products and services are used, gauge traffic patterns, and determine what types of content and services are most popular with users of products and services.
- Verify access rights to content, services, or software.
- Provide you with information about QBlu products, services, news, contests, and events, including but not limited to providing such information via e-mail or SMS messaging addresses that you have provided to QBlu.
- Allow you to download QBlu products and services.
- Provide you with personalized content programming, instructions, and services via your use of the Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
We may also use information that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
The usage information we collect from you helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
- Enable you to use fully the functionality available via use of the Services, including, without limitation, managing your contacts you choose to make available to the Services (e.g., through Facebook sign-in, allowing us to access your contacts via e-mail address books, etc.), providing information to your contacts and people you choose to share information with through use of the Services, and storing your history.
- Communicate with you about QBlu and the Services.
- Improve our content offerings.
- To customize the content, layout and services of the Services, generally and specifically.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of QBlu's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by QBlu about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contract entered into between you and us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of QBlu, our customers, or others. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You will not be able to delete Content (for example, videos) you Submit to enter into any contests or promotions offered by the Services (hereinafter referred to as "Contest Content").
If you delete other Content from the Services, copies of that Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages and/or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including Content that you Submit, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Length of Storage
Generally, QBlu maintains all information and Content you submit to us until you proactively change or delete it or otherwise terminate your registration with the Services. This allows us to ensure full functionality of the Services to you. Moreover, Content you Submit can be shared and reposted, making it impossible to delete some Content once it has been Submitted by a user. Contest Content, however, cannot be deleted by a user once it has been Submitted.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Your password and any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have chosen a password for access to our Services, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Note that the information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Moreover, the QBlu servers are not located at QBlu, but rather are managed and located at a third-party Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider (an "IAAS"). We have taken commercially reasonable steps to choose a professional IAAS provider in conformity with industry norms, but we cannot guarantee the performance of the IAAS provider, its security measures, or the actions or inactions it takes in the future.
Also, please understand that, except with respect to online payment information, if any, described below, QBlu does not encrypt in any manner any information you choose to share or distribute through use of the Services.
We contract with a third-party to maintain and host the Services. Therefore, any information you Submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third-party host.
We do not provide the technology used to build the Services, and therefore, we neither recommend nor endorse the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. We hereby disclaim any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third-parties.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
Only adults at least 21 years of age or older are eligible to use the Services, and we ask that no one under the age of 21 submit any personal information to us. QBlu does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about anyone under the age of 21, and we ask that no one under the age of 21 submit any personal information to us.
Social Media Sites
(c) De-Linking SMS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SMS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Services account, then you may de-link the SMS account in the "preferences" section in your account settings. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SMS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
(d) Promotions, Contests, or Competitions. The Services may include references to contests, promotions, or competitions that provide you with the ability to interact or share content or information on Facebook, Twitter, or other SMSs. These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or the SMSs. You understand that you are providing your information to the Services and not to Facebook, Twitter, or the SMSs. You hereby completely release Facebook, Twitter, and the SMSs from all potential claims arising from your use of the SMSs during any contest, promotion, or competition.